As equity-linked investments gain traction as a popular structured product in the market, investors must be aware of their associated legal risks and potential for disputes.
In the upcoming webinar organised by LexisNexis on 18 August 2022 2:30-3:30pm, Catrina Lam and Cherry Xu from Des Voeux Chambers will unspool their knowledge on equity-linked investments and share their insights on how to navigate major legal issues through case demonstration and analysis.
1. Introduction of Equity-Linked Investments
2. Case demonstration: navigating major legal issues arising in relation to Equity-Linked Investments
- What are the rights of an investor to pursue the issuer for breach of contract?
- Can an investor exercise the rights attached to the underlying equity?
- What if the issuer restructures or delists?
- Selling of investments: misrepresentation and duties owed by the selling bank to the investor/customer
3. Key takeaways
The qualified attendance gets one CPD credit. Register here.