Han Sheng joined Chambers in 2023 after the successful completion of his pupillage under the supervision of Mr Adrian Lai JP, Mr Joseph Lee, Mr Christopher Chain SC and Mr Jason Yu.
Han Sheng is from Singapore. Following his pre-university education at Raffles Institution and completion of national service, Han Sheng obtained his BA (now MA) in Law from the University of Cambridge with Triple First Class Honours. He went on to study the BCL at the University of Oxford and the PCLL at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, obtaining Distinctions for both. During his studies, Han Sheng received multiple scholarships and prizes in recognition of his academic achievements, including the DVC Junior Scholarship, the DVC Oxford Scholarship and the Harry Liu Postgraduate Scholarship. At the same time, Han Sheng represented the University of Cambridge in powerlifting and was awarded a Full Blue.
Han Sheng is currently developing a broad practice and accepts instructions in all areas of Chambers’ work. He has been involved in cases concerning company and insolvency law, probate and trusts, commercial law, professional negligence, arbitration, and conflict of laws.
- Kenneth Walter Chad v Chow Yin Man (HCA 643/2020 – trial over financial advisor’s entitlement to success fee)
- Biozeal LLC v Nature’s Story Co Ltd (HCIP 34/2021 – anti-suit injunction in favour of intellectual property proceedings before the Mainland courts)
- Ho Kong, the Sole Executor of the Estate of Fong Mi Yee Deceased v Home Purchase Allowance Appeals Committee & Anor (HCAL 1135/2022 – judicial review over interpretation of home purchase allowance policy for resumption of private land)
Scholarship and Awards
- Scholar of King’s College Cambridge
- Des Voeux Chambers Junior Scholarship
- Hawk’s Charitable Trust Award
- Des Voeux Chambers Oxford Scholarship
- Harry Liu Postgraduate Scholarship
- St Catherine’s College Book Prize
- Sir Oswald Cheung Memorial Fund PCLL Scholarship
- Hong Kong Bar Association Prize for Conference Skills and Opinion Writing